Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TAXIDERMY


I have been doing taxidermy for about 3o years now. I thought I would show you a picture of some of my recent work. The buck I shot with my bow in Nov of 07. He scored 150!! not to bad. The doe is one I was able to harvest while my son was in the stand with me. He was 5 at the time. I don't mount too many does, but he wanted me to put her on the wall since it was our first deer together. I knew I had made a good hit on her and where she went, but I told Hunter (my son) to go in front of me and see if he could find her. It's pretty cool to have you my 5 year old son with me and have him follow the blood trail and find the deer. Ok got to go shed hunting now I'll show pictures of what I find next time....

1 comment:

  1. Your work looks really good. very nice job.

    ReplyDelete